Beyond Loneliness and Social Isolation: The Importance of Connectedness
Join MHA for a 2.5 hour live event on loneliness and social isolation where we will begin with subject matter experts discussing the science of loneliness and social isolation and the benefits of addressing it. The program will also focus on solutions to the self-isolation and loneliness crisis.
- Impact of loneliness and isolation on individuals and communities
- The benefits of ending loneliness and isolation
- How to access the “Program in A Box” toolkit
Hear from MHA’s peer expert and VP of Peer, Advocacy and Support Services, Patrick Hendry about MHA’s Peer Partners in A Box toolkit, Also hear real accounts about the impact this program has made from those it has impacted.
- Dr. Louise Hawkley Principal Research Scientist at the University of Chicago
- Patrick Corrigan, Ph.D. Distinguished Professor and Associate Dean for Research in the Institute of Psychology at the Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Clarence Jordan, MBA. Vice President of Wellness & Recovery for Beacon Health Options.
- Real participants from MHA’s Social Self-Directed Care (SSDC) program